1. Dishwasher Rinse Agent – Instead of paying big bucks for store-bought rinse agent, pour vinegar into the rinse compartment on your dishwasher. Vinegar will cut through grease, remove soap scum, and prevent water spots.
2. Remove Pet Odor – Being acidic, vinegar will neutralize pet odors left on furniture or carpets. It will also eliminate urine odors from pet accidents, which is particularly useful during house training so that your pet does not smell the urine and go repeatedly in the same place.
3. Remove Mildew Smell from Towels and Laundry – Towels smelling a little funky? Left the laundry in the washer too long? Pour a 1/2 cup vinegar into the wash to remove mildew smells.
4. Carpet Stain Remover – To remove carpet stains, mix together 1/2 cup vinegar with 2 tablespoons salt. Rub the mixture into the carpet with a clean cloth. Allow to dry, then vacuum up the remaining. For tougher stains, add 2 tablespoons Borax to the mixture.
5. Remove Wax and Furniture Polish Build Up – Mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1 cup water and wipe down wood furniture to remove waxy residue from dusting agents and built up furniture polish.